My cousin Meeg made me this beautiful hand-painted bowl for Christmas. I always send her an email to let her know what I'm making and just how often I think of her and her gift. I'm so pleased to be able to share the bowl and all of its many uses with you.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Collard Greens

meeg's bowl is holding on to some collard greens for us

Collard Greens
2 heads collard greens, ribs removed, roughly chopped
1 large shallot, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
2 tb extra virgin olive oil
1 can low-sodium chicken stock
1-2 tb apple cider vinegar
1-2 tb liquid smoke

Sautee the shallot, garlic and onion in olive oil over medium-high heat until softened, about 10 minutes. Lower heat and simmer chicken stock. Add greens and cook until tender, about 1/2 hour. Add vinegar and liquid smoke just before taking off heat. Give it all a few good stirs and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment